A big fat Indian wedding is incomplete without serving some finger-licking food to family and friends. Infact, food is the soul or the deciding factor when it comes to making our Indian functions a success. And now with a new breed of internationally trained wedding caterers and chefs replacing our traditional ‘halwai’, the hottest new trends, such as fusion foods are on rise.
These culinary borrowings from other cultures manage to absorb and assimilate a huge number of influences and still maintain their unique flavour. Some of the most popular fusion food items include Gobi Manchurian, Chili Chicken, and Hakka Noodles, etc.
Lucky for us, times have changed. And, so has the party menu! Because when cultures clash and flavours mash, new recipes emerge.
- Mini Tandoori Burgers:Burgers are always a hit with all age groups. How about introducing mini burgers for your party? Add traditional Indian tandoori seasonings to the veggie or chicken burger and serve it with the green chutney. And it tastes scrumptious!
- Lasagna Burritos:When you take two great recipes – lasagna and burritos – and make them something new, you get a recipe that’s unique! Cheesy lasagna rolls are the ultimate quick fusion recipe that your guests won’t forget for a long time.
- Golgappa Shots: Nothing can replace the taste and flavours of crisp golgappas filled with the zesty paani. But how about giving this favourite street food a twist and offer your guests some golgappa shots for your wedding party. You can also try fruit juices and fresh fruits stuffed in golgappas for a change.
- Idli Manchurian: How about this South Indian and Chinese fusion recipe. Two classics from two countries – idlis and manchurian come together to make a fusion dish like no other.
- Tandoori Chicken Bruschetta: The name says it all. A classic Italian starter combined with our very own tandoori chicken chunks. This is a great example of an East Meets West snack where a toasted bread with a masaledarmix of tandoori chicken chunks is grilled over charcoal to add the quintessential smoky flavour.
At Celebrations, we have a team of experts who will help you curate a food menu as per your taste and gathering. For catering details or bookings, speak to our representative at: +91 9972305352.